Both bring wealth of experience to new roles
The West Virginia Housing Development Fund is excited to announce the promotions of two staff members. Patti Shamblin has been promoted to Managing Director of Loan Originations and Cathy Colby will now serve as Managing Director for the HOME Program. Both have served the organization in countless ways during the employment with the Fund.
“We’re excited for Cathy and Patti. They have proven to be dedicated, capable members of... Continue Reading
The Homeownership Program makes home ownership more affordable for families and individuals.
Or contact a team member in our single-family loan originations department .
Click here for the current rate for the Homeownership Program
Eligible Borrowers – To qualify for a Homeownership Program Loan, three criteria must be met.
- The borrower’s gross income must not exceed the income limits in the county where the home is being purchased.
WVHDF County Income Limits
- The house to be purchased must not exceed the house price limits in the county where the home is being purchased.
WVHDF House Price Limits
- Borrowers must not have had an ownership interest in their principal residence at any time during the three-year period ending on the date the program loan is closed if they intend to purchase a residence located in one of the following, non-targeted counties: Barbour, Berkeley, Boone, Brooke, Cabell, Greenbrier, Hancock, Harrison, Jefferson, Kanawha, Marion, Marshall, Mason Mercer, Monongalia, Morgan, Ohio, Putnam, Raleigh and Wood counties. This requirement does not apply to residences located in targeted counties which are all counties not listed, nor does it apply when the borrower is an eligible veteran under the Heroes Earnings Assistance and Relief Tax Act of 2008.
Loan Terms – A Homeownership Program Loan is a 30-year, fixed rate mortgage loan. Up to 100% of the purchase price of the home can be financed.
Down Payment/Closing Cost Assistance Program In some cases you may qualify for a Down Payment/Closing Cost Assistance Program Loan.
- Up to $7,500 for loans with a loan-to-value ratio greater than or equal to 90% of the purchase price
- Up to $10,000 for loans with a loan-to-value ratio less that 90% of the purchase price
Please refer to the Down Payment/Closing Cost Assistance Program section for more information.
What kind of home can I purchase? Single-family structures, townhomes and units in approved Planned Unit Developments or condominiums and new multi-sectional manufactured homes. All must be located in West Virginia.
Is there an acreage limit? Property conveyed with the home transaction cannot exceed five acres.
New Construction – Permanent Financing – Permanent financing is available for newly constructed homes. Construction financing is not available.
What types of mortgage insurance does the Fund accept? We take all mortgage insurance including FHA, VA, USDA and private mortgage insurance.l
Do I have to participate in Homebuyer Education/Counseling?
Homebuyer Education/Counseling is required for both the Movin’ Up and Homeownership programs on conventionally insured or uninsured loans. On the government insured loans (FHA, VA, and USDA) follow the insuring agencies guidelines for Homebuyer Education/Counseling requirements. Information on counseling providers in W.Va. may be found here or with your mortgage insurance (MI) provider.
Update – Our requirement that income from all household occupants over the age of 18, excluding those dependents who are enrolled as a full-time student, is being amended to only include the “income of all parties on the note and/or taking title to the property.”
*Please note that any and all APR calculations presented throughout the wvhdf.com website will be based on a sales price of $100,000 with a 5 percent down payment.