The HOME Rental Program has been designed to provide HOME funds to private and nonprofit owners and developers of low-income rental housing units. The HOME Rental Program provides low-interest rate loans to eligible housing developers for the acquisition, rehabilitation, and/or new construction of multifamily housing. The HOME Rental Program loan may be the primary source of financing or may bridge the gap between the developer’s primary financing and the total development costs. The rates and terms of the loans are established during the underwriting and review of the final proposal. The minimum term of the HOME Rental loan is 15 years for rehabilitation and 20 years for new construction.
In 2017, the WVHDF committed $2,406,225 to finance the acquisition and new construction of three affordable housing multifamily residential projects, which contain 19 total HOME units, under the HOME Rental Program.
For more information on the HOME Program, please contact Cathy Colby
HOME and HTF Request for Proposals
Home Program Regulations
- 24 CFR 92 Site and Neighborhood Standards
- 24 CFR 35 Lead Based Paint Poisoning Prevention in Certain Residential Structures
- 49 CFR 24 Uniform Relocation Assistance and Real Property Acquisition Policies ACT (Uniform ACT or URA)
Part of the West Virginia Housing Development Fund’s mission is to provide financing for affordable housing, including residential rental housing. To offer guidance and direction, we have put together a detailed manual to help developers understand our policies and procedures relating to portfolio diversification, related parties and eligible participants.
Our guide to promoting a condition in which individuals of similar income levels in the same housing market area have available to them a like range of choices in housing regardless of race, religion, color, national origin, sex, disability or familial status.
HOME Rental Forms
- Wage Rate Determinations
- Chapter 3 Labor Standards Compliance and Enforcement Program: Construction Phase
- U.S. Department of Labor Payroll Form
- HUD Exchange
- Federal Labor Standards Provisions HUD Form 4010
- Making Davis-Bacon Work – A Contractors Guide
- Employee Rights under the Davis-Bacon Act – Notice to Employees Poster
Section 3 Forms
Environmental Forms and Information
HOME & HTF Limits