The West Virginia Housing Development Fund offers affordable mortgage loans to finance the purchase of a home or offers help to most homeowners if they choose to refinance. Individuals and families can find affordable options offered by the Fund through our partnership with over 60 banks, financial lenders and institutions and non-profit housing agencies throughout the state. Although we welcome any inquiry you might have, we suggest potential home buyers contact a lender in their area to discuss options and how they could benefit from a loan through the Fund. Once you and your lender have established that a Fund loan is right for you, your loan will be serviced at our office in Charleston.
Top Producing Lenders
The Fund is proud to partner with more than 60 banks, credit unions, and mortgage companies who provide our loan programs to their borrowers. Biannually, we recognize the top lending institutions and individual loan officers in Northern and Southern West Virginia. Click here to view our Top Producing Lenders page!
Programs for Homebuyers
After you have a sales contract on the home you select, you will need to meet with your lender again to complete the loan application. The following items may be requested by your lender.
- Fully executed purchase contract and a copy of the seller’s deed.
- Personal check to pay for appraisal of the property.
- Names and addresses of your landlords for the last two years.
- Copies of last three years signed federal tax returns, with all schedules and W2s.
- List of all your assets, including bank accounts (checking, savings, Certificates of Deposit, Individual Retirement Accounts, etc.) with current bank statements for each.
- Copy of award letter from pension/retirement fund, disability insurer, etc.
- Names and addresses of your current employer (s) and other employers for the past two years.
- List of all amounts you owe, including charge and credit card account balances (include account numbers).
- If applicable, copy of divorce decree, property settlement and verification of child support or bankruptcy papers.
- Two current pay stubs covering a 30-day period.
- Self Employed: Three years signed federal tax returns with all schedules and a year-to-date profit and loss statements.
- Verification of child support income, if being used to qualify.
Please Contact A Team Member In Our Single-Family Loan Originations Department You may also call us at 1-800-933-8511 or 304-391-8738