To assist those affected by flooding in towns and communities across our state, the West Virginia Housing Development Fund has implemented an affordable new loan initiative. Rebuild West Virginia has been designed to help those whose homes were damaged or destroyed by high water.
- Assistance is targeted to individuals and families at or below 80% of area median income for their county of residence and have exhausted all avenues of federal assistance.
- It is important for applicants to first contact the Federal Emergency Management Agency (FEMA) and/or the Small Business Administration (SBA).
- Loans are available for both home repair or replacement.
- Loans are available for repair or replacement of septic systems.
- For those who decide to relocate out of a designated flood zone, relocation assistance may be provided.
FEMA can be reached at 800-621-3362. The line is open from 7 a.m. to 10 p.m. EDT, seven days a week until further notice. If you have a speech disability or hearing loss and use a TTY, call 800-462-7585 directly; if you use 711 or Video Relay Service (VRS), call 800-621-3362. You may also find help at a State-FEMA Disaster Recovery Center. To find the one nearest to you, call the helpline, 800-621-3362, or click here.
For more information about SBA loans, call SBA’s Disaster Assistance Customer Service Center at 800-659-2955, email vog.a1552968850bs@ec1552968850ivres1552968850remot1552968850sucre1552968850tsasi1552968850d1552968850 , or visit http://www.sba.gov/disaster. TTY users may call 800-877-8339. Applicants may also apply online using the Electronic Loan Application (ELA) via SBA’s secure website at https://disasterloan.sba.gov/ela. The deadline to file an SBA physical disaster loan application is Aug. 24. SBA Disaster low-interest loans are available to businesses of all sizes, homeowners and renters for their recovery needs.
All interested applicants are encouraged to contact the West Virginia Housing Development Fund via email or by calling us 1-800-933-8511 for further details and assistance.